You do not need to use Blackboard unless you are directed to by an instructor.
- To access Blackboard from the College home page, find the link under Academics, or visit http://bb.elmhurst.edu/. You may also use the links provided under the "Resources" section on the right side of this page.
- Type your account name and password. Press the Enter key on your keyboard or click "Login."
- Choose the course you want from those listed in the "My Courses" box.
- When your Blackboard session is finished, click "Logout."
Change existing password
You can change the password you use to log in to Blackboard.
- Once logged in, click on "Personal Information" in the "Tools" section on the Welcome screen.
- Click on the "Change Password" link, enter a new password, and click "Submit."
Note: Password and email address changes you make in Blackboard apply only to Blackboard. These changes have no effect on your Technology Account password, username, email address or your BlueNet username and password.
There is a way to retrieve your Blackboard password using your email address.
- On the Blackboard login page, click "Forgot Your Password?" above the "Login" button.
- Choose between the username option or the email address option to retrieve your password, and click "Submit."
- A message containing instructions for changing the password will be sent to your Elmhurst College email address.
If you are having difficulty logging in to Blackboard, call the Academic Technology Services at 630-617-3543.
For all other Blackboard problems and questions, visit the Blackboard Help section on the Buehler Library’s website: http://blackboard.library.elmhurst.edu/, or the Library’s Reference Desk at 630-617-3173.