Elmhurst residents, Elmhurst College alumni, and students and faculty of other accredited colleges and universities may use the Open Lab facilities of Daniels Hall subject to the following:
- Visitors must obtain a Guest Pass in Room 107 and display it while working in the labs.
- The two PCs along the blackboards at the front of the open labs are for visitor use. All other stations are reserved for currently enrolled Elmhurst College students faculty, and staff.
- During busy periods, lab access privileges may be suspended, or time limits may be imposed on work sessions. Technical assistance may also be unavailable.
- No one under the age of 18 may use the labs unless accompanied by a parent at all times. Individuals under the age of 18 are not allowed to use the computers or other equipment.
- A fee of $.10 per page is charged for printed output. No more than two copies of a document may be printed.
- No animals or pets are allowed in the computer labs.
- No one may install, remove, or modify software on the lab computers. Except for headphones, no one may, attach, remove, repair, or modify computers, peripherals, or network equipment.
- No one may use lab facilities to operate or support commercial or not-for-profit enterprises.
- No one may use the network in any way that interferes with its operation or offends other network users, or for purposes that violate Federal or state laws (such as downloading and distributing MP3 files).
- Users are asked to refrain from bring food and beverages into the labs, and in any case, to leave the equipment and workspace in clean condition when finished.
Download the Visitor Policy (requires Adobe Reader).