Elmhurst College is in the process of rolling out a new print management system called PaperCut across campus to help us become more sustainable in our use of public printers. There are no charges for printing at this time. Rather, this is an effort to raise awareness for the amount of printing that occurs on campus and an attempt to reduce wasteful printing.
To improve security and access to the College's network, starting Fall 2012, most public computers and classroom/lab computers will require you to log on to the computer before use. Eventually these computers will respond only to logins from your College account, but as we make the transition you will initially be able to login with the username student
and password student
. It is important that you get into the habit of logging out of the computer when you are finished, especially as the Portal
is fully rolled out, with its single sign on capabilities and the integrated access it will provide to all campus systems..
Printers on campus
- Printers are available in the Open Labs in Daniels Hall, rooms 108 and 110, and on the main floor of the Buehler Library.
- The printers in both locations are set for duplex printing (double-sided).
- Please print no more than two copies of each document.
- The Open Labs do not support color printing or printing on special papers. Do not load envelopes, stationery or legal–size paper in the paper trays. Contact the Central Printing department instead.
- In the event of a paper jam or other malfunction, ask a student tech or a staff member for assistance. Do not attempt to fix the problem yourself.
Printers in the Residence Halls
Students are not permitted to setup and use wireless printers in the Residence Halls. If there is a Bluetooth feature for the printer you purchased, please make use of that.