Conference Calls (from Meridian office phones)
You can set up a conference for up to 6 parties, including yourself. See your telephone system administrator to find out the number of parties you can join in a conference. To set up a conference:
- While on a call, press "Conference." The other party is on hold and you hear the dial tone.
- Dial the number of the third party to add. When the call is answered, you may talk privately with the third party.
- Press "Conference" again to include all three parties.
- If necessary, repeat the procedure to include up to 3 or up to 6 parties in the conference.
Resicom Conferencing Service
Reservationless-Plus Account Information
- Give your participants the date and time of the call, your dial-in number and your conference code.
- At the specified time, dial your Reservationless-Plus dial-in number, then enter your conference code, followed by #.
- When prompted, press *, then enter your leader PIN, followed by #.
- Your participants join the conference by dialing your number and entering the conference code.
Helpful Keypad Commands
- *0 : Operator assistance (conference)
- 00 : Operator assistance (individual)
- *1 : Dial-out to a participant (leader only)
- *2 : Begin/end conference record (leader only)
- *3 : Change entry/exit method: recorded names, tones, silence (leader only)
- *4 : Private roll call
- *5/#5 : Mute/unmute all participant lines (leader only)
- *6/#6 : Mute/unmute your own line
- *7/#7 : Lock/unlock conference, including operator (leader only)
- *8 : Allow/disallow conference continuation (leader only)
- *9 : Start/join sub-conferencing
- 11 : Third-party conference start (bypass hold music to start call as leader)
- *51/#51 : Lecture mode on/off (leader only)
- *# : Participant count
- ** : List available keypad commands
Operator Assisted Account Information
- Schedule your reservation online at https://www.tcconline.com/ or by calling your reservation number listed in the documentation provided to you. You'll be asked to provide your call details, including the leader's name, date and time of the call, duration, and number of participants.
- Give your participants the date and time of the call, your conference ID number (which will be assigned when you make your reservation), and your dial-in number.
- At the specified time, dial your Operator Assisted number. You will be greeted by an operator and placed into your conference. Your participants join the conference by dialing your Operator Assisted number and are placed into your conference or on music hold, depending on the specifications of your reservation.
Helpful Keypad Commands
- *0 : Operator assistance---leader and participants
- *5 : Mute/unmute all lines except the leader’s---leader only
- *6 : Mute/unmute your own line
Using an Authorization Code (different for all departments)
Keep your authorization code CONFIDENTIAL. It found by someone else, they will try and use it. The authorization code is assigned to your individual department. Any calls made with your authorization code will be charged to your department each time you use it. Your personal authorization code is for off-campus calling and must be entered each time you call an outside phone number. This authorization code can be used from any phone on campus.
To Dial Off-Campus:
Dial "16" (feature code).
Enter your six digit authorization code (######).
Press "9" (to access an outside line).
Dial the phone number (1+###+#######).
Local and Long Distance Dialing: 16+Authorization Code + 9 + 1 + area code + seven digit phone number.
- International Dialing: 16+Authorization Code + 9 + 011 + country code + city code + phone number.
After dialing your authorization code and no dial tone is heard, the code may not be active. In that case, immediately contact the Help Desk at 630-617-3767.